Wednesday 27 June 2012

Electro/Indie passion.....

Ever since I can remember, music has been an absorbing, all-consuming passion and it has punctuated all my memories, I have tried to walk away from it sometimes but it always sucks me back in!!!.....when I was very young, Scott Walker and Beethoven notably, permeated the walls of my parents house, then when I acquired my own means in my teens, of playing music, it was under-the-covers covert listening to Radio Luxembourg etc and of course the inimitable and wonderful John Peel on Radio 1.....like it was & is for so many others growing up in the late 70's/80's era, Peel well and truly sowed the seeds of what has become pretty much, my life long love affair with electronic and indie/alternative music in particular.

This blog is intended not just to be a retrospective of those artists who I feel have contributed (in my 'dark-centric' opinion!) so much to these genres but to highlight the new and emerging talent...so let's light the fuse...............

No comments:

Post a Comment